Monday, March 3, 2008

Thank You Randy


Randy Moss, I want to say thank you.

No, not because I like the Patriots. I root for the Patriots like Chapel Hill fans applauded Mike Krzyzewski's 800th win.

Nope, what I'm rooting for is the fact that an athlete whom many believed to be a "punk" or "criminal" is actually evolving (or so it seems) into a successful, likable guy that is staying loyal to a teammate (Brady), a coach (Billy Boy) and an organization (the Pats).

You say what you want about Moss, but in the world we live in, with all the negative sports stories, it is nice to see a guy appear to turn it around. That is the problem with all these sports stories - people are quick to burn a guy out but never able to let them back in. It is the equivalent to a golf handicap.

So, Randy Moss, I will give you credit where credit is due, even if Joe Buck still has your face imprinted on his urinal cake.

No comments: