Wednesday, March 19, 2008

For All Picking UCLA, This Can't Sit Well


I can honestly say that there has never been a March Madness pre-week that has scared me more than 2008. I keep hearing different things, changing my mind, thinking this, deciding that - it is seriously driving me mad.

Why can't it just be more black and white this year?

Anyway, I was all set with my UCLA pick, even if I felt that they'd lose in the third round if they were in the UNC bracket, when I read this painful article.

He seemed in good spirits? That's your quote? Kevin Love, the best player in the entire West bracket, is in good spirits. I want to know about his back, not that he feels content with life. This isn't a Buddhist convention.

Also, "if he's able to go, we'll play him on Thursday" might go down as the dumbest thing anyone that went or worked at UCLA has ever said. Really? If he's able to go, you'll play him? I figured that the Freshman of the Year two years ago would probably sit most of the game if he was able to go.

This is seriously driving me crazy. I'm convinced that if March Madness had a two week window like the Super Bowl, men would eventually write their picks in their own blood.