Monday, March 24, 2008

D.J. Augustin Might Not Have Tiger-like Nerves

I haven't seen a lot about this, so thought I'd mention it again. In the Miami-Texas game, with the pressure pounding, the Longhorns best player and First Team All-American D.J. Augustin air balled the first free throw with his team up by two.

I've shot a ton of free throws in my day, and I've never been a Salim Stoudamire at the line, but I have never, EVER missed rim. I said this to a buddy and I want everyone to know this for life - I will never bet on a D.J. Augustin led team the rest of my days.

Not Texas, not his pro team, not even if he's asked to be a commentator and needs to make a clutch call in a tight game to draw the crowd in. My gambling plans from here on out is to bet against D.J.

Air ball it? Seriously?

No comments: