Thursday, March 13, 2008

Boom Boom Boom Boom


I have to say, when it comes to completely horrible sports commercials, they would rank like this:

3.) The Boom Boom Boom Boom Fred Couples Commercials
2.) This Gem
1.) Those absolutely excruciating BADS commercials

Anyway, Fred Couples, one of my favorite golfers on tour, is leading the Arnold Palmer Invitational after a five-under 65, tied with J.J. Henry who has one hole to go. I'd have to say, my favorite part of Fred Couples deals with my dad, who always tells me the story of how (and think this in your head with a Texas accent), "If you ever go to a PGA Tour event, make sure you follow around Freddie, because all the women follow him around." Granted this might have been true in the 80s, but I still love hearing the story and you can guarantee it's coming when Freddie plays well.

Also, El Tigre Woods played pretty boring, making two birdies, two bogeys and a TON of pars. The Man shot 70, and is currently tied for 35th. Vijay Singh is currently four-under as is Jim Furyk.

Schmickelson struggled today, shooting a two-over 72 and is eyeing the cut line after Thursday. Good news, he's tied for first in the field with sand saves! Way to go Phil!!!!

No comments: