Monday, March 24, 2008

Pars are Good Sometimes


Geoff Ogilvy officially won the WGC event at Doral this morning in Tiger-esque fashion with a closing birdie to hold off Vijay Singh, Jim Furyk and Retief Goosen by making pars on his last 11 holes.

I guess when you build yourself a five-shot lead, pars are pretty damn important, but come on, how boring can you get?

I've always wondered something - if Puma or Nike send you shirts for the week, and it is rained out until a Monday, do you have to go to the local Golfsmith and just buy another one? I'd probably just re-wear the Thursday attire, but that's just me.

Also, I'm obsessed with this picture. For some reason, I now think Geoff Ogilvy and Tyler Hansbrough would be good friends.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Trust me, these guys have more than just 4 shirts with them, and the bigger names also have the clothes specifically sized for them. For example, Ernie Els is just a bit larger than an XL -- I have a few of his old windshirts from his old days (and mine) with adidas. Since Geoff is Puma's lead dog, I'm sure he's got an entire Geoff-sized wardrobe available to him at all times.