Friday, March 7, 2008

PODS Tourney, Sad Withdraws


My father always told me not to quit, and even though I did withdraw from the AJGA Robert Trent Jones Tournament in 2001, I vowed never to let it get the best of me. (Also, to my defense, I did shoot 36 on the front nine the first day to follow that up with a 44. I'm pretty sure that'll take the wind out of the 'ol 17-year-old sails).

Anyway, I always enjoy who pulls out of PGA Tour events and continuously wonder what their "excuse" is when letting the tour know they aren't showing up on Friday.

This week, the awards go to Kevin Na and Mark Hensby, with both pulling out after shooting 76 and 79, respectively. Seriously, doesn't the PGA Tour have a rule on this? You play a terrible round, and just don't show up the next day? I bet your group gets a little pissed (that is, unless Na and Hensby played together).

Anyway, so far the leader board explains just why golf is great, with 45-year-old Bart Bryant leading with 30-year-old Paul Casey nipping at his heels. Also, Paul Casey wanted to remind everyone, if you live in America, you're IQ ranges near the man's handicap.

No comments: