Saturday, April 12, 2008

What Some of These Golfers Need to Do

Ironically, the Golf Channel's "Live at the Masters" show just did some actual Masters updates. Crazy!

Tiger made par on one. That is all they told us. Take it from me, it was as boring to hear as it was to write and for you to read.

Before everyone else gets going, I thought we could throw together a few things some of these golfers need to do on Moving Day.

Zach Johnson - Umm, birdie three of the first six holes? Oh, right, he did that. I'd say the former Masters champion needs three more birdies to post four-under for the day. With the conditions soft, that isn't out of the question.

Tiger Woods - I honestly think he has to shoot 68 or below to give himself a chance. I thought six-under would be leading at the end of the day today, but if it is as soft as they say, eight or nine might be more realistic. A 68 gets Tiger at five-under and a punchers chance of posting another 68 or so on Sunday to put some heat on the leaders. (Oh, and Tiger just made birdie on number 2.)

Retief Goosen - I think 70 is what he'd like. Four-under after Saturday isn't a horrible position for Mr. Exciting.

Steve Flesch - You know, another bogey-free 67 wouldn't be horrible. I agree with Phil Mickelson about the course suiting a lefty (go SOUTHPAWS!), but it will be playing a little longer for Flesch. Anything under par for him would be great.

Phil Mickelson - Damnit Schmickey, I want a 70 out of you. Two-under today would have him leading I think.

Brandt Snedeker - Just don't throw up on yourself. This is my pick for "guy that is always at the top of the leader board but fades into something like 18th place by Sunday night." Nothing against him, he's just young and it's the Masters. He has only made two bogeys the first two days, so maybe I'm just an idiot.

Trevor Immelman - Again, just don't pull out the wrong Jenga piece. Immelman has only made one bogey (Take that Brandt!) this week and would be in a great position if Tiger or Phil didn't put a lot of pressure on the leaders.

So, my in depth analysis - play well. That will be $65 dollars, thank you.

No comments: