Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Is Tiger Not the Best Golfer Anymore?

I know, I know, you probably read that headline and thought I was going to say something really stupid when I'm really only going to say something kinda stupid.

Tiger Woods has not been the most dominant golfer of 2008. That title has landed with Lorena Ochoa (U of A!), who after this weekend, is four of five this year with wins. She isn't just dominating the LPGA, she is crushing ladies.

You don't have to tell me there is a huge different between women's sports and men's stuff, but it is worth noting that when Annika Sorenstam (also a Wildcat) was doing the same thing, "Sportscenter" was all over this rivalry, even telling us of all the text messages sent between the two.

Ochoa leads in the following categories on the LPGA tour - birdies, rounds under par, rounds in the 60s, top ten finishes, greens hit, scoring average, driving average, and, obviously the money list.

I don't know a lot about the LPGA Tour, I just know that it is worth noting of Ochoa's start this year.

Ok, I promise, no more girl sports for at least two weeks (unless Natalie Gulbis wants to play 18 holes, then I'll tell you).

No comments: