Monday, April 20, 2009

What Driver Do You Use?


Recently I've had my hands on the really solid TaylorMade r9 driver, along with the Titleist D2. Brian Gay used the r9 to win the Verizon Heritage, making it the No. 1 most played driver 11 out of the 12 weeks this season.

With TaylorMade coming out with a driver that you can basically change on your own and Nike doing something similar with Dymo, I was wondering what most golf fans are playing these days.

If you have a new driver (or are still using an old one), shoot what you are hitting in the comments. I'm interested in any and all feedback, so let your club do the talking (but, you know, type out what it is saying).

If we get enough comments about it, I will toss up something outlining what people are saying about different clubs.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ping G2. Old school but I hit it straight, long, and have no complaints. I love that club!

Cash said...

Playing the R7 Limited on the stock Ozik shaft. I've played all of the TM R7 drivers, and have been happy with every one of them. Tried the Burners for a while, and still like the 2008 Tour Burner as well.

I'm interested in your take on the TM vs Titleist driver, since they are from two completely different schools of design. Hard to argue with TM's success, tho...

Matt said...

R7 SuperQuad TP. Bought it 4 months used for $200. Love it. 270 and straight every time.

Richgolfdoc said...

Currently us the Callaway FT-5 but have purchased and am waiting for the new FT-9. Can't wait to hit it.