Thursday, April 16, 2009

Gillette Knows What The Kids Want

The razor you use says a lot about you. If you're tough, you use a straight blade, no shaving cream. If you're cheap, you might go with some sort of disposable razor that pulls the hairs out of your chin (fun!). If you're confident, or so says Gillette, you use whatever the hell Tiger Woods, Roger Federer and Derek Jeter tell you to use. Do you hear me?!? You use what they want you to use!!!



The only reason I'm posting the video is because Tiger confuses me. The guy is so cool and collected on the golf course and in interviews, and then he goes and does a commercial like this? I know that Gillette is paying him, but I always thought Tiger was the kind of guy that would speak up and say, "Yeah, guys, the golf shoe joke is a bit much." Who knows, maybe I'm wrong.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tiger does not seem to mind having fun poked at him or him bearing the brunt of the joke. Do you remember him tackling the guy who tried to steal his golf bag?

I bet Derek, Roger and Tiger have a blast doing those stupid commercials. I think Gillette should have shown Tiger doing the Travolta shuffle first, but that's New York city and Jeter is #1 in that city and will be until 2070 or longer. Also, I hate T.O. and Ocho Cinco, but they would have been funnier for the commercial.