Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sergio Garcia Is Sorry for Acting Like Sergio Garcia


If you didn't catch the video of Sergio Garcia blaming Augusta National for his inability to play better at this year's Masters, take a second to go back in time.

Unlike the "spitting in the cup" incident where Sergio said after, "I didn't spit, I just let it go down, anyway, it's not a big deal," Garcia has apologized and blamed himself.

"Following my final round at the Masters, I made comments in an interview that I regret and want to apologize for," he said.

"Out of frustration, I blamed the golf course instead of putting the blame where it belongs, on myself.

“I didn’t get it done this week. Augusta National is one of the most iconic golf courses in the game and playing in the Masters each year is an honor. I apologize to the members of Augusta National and the fans who rightfully treasure this golf course.”


It is pretty obvious in my writing that I'm not a fan of Garcia, but at least he decided to man up, even if his camp was the one that made him do it.

The next major championship is at a place that basically tore Sergio a new one in '02 when he waggled his way around Bethpage Black, so it would be in his best interest to be as polite and non-controversial as possible before the U.S. Open. Hell, maybe he will win the darn thing and make us all forget everything that's happened.

No comments: