Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Paul Azinger Continues His Reign On America, Will Throw Out First Pitch at Rays Game


I guess when you win the first Ryder Cup in nine years for the United States and live remotely close to Tampa Bay, damnit, you're a Rays fan, and an Ammmerican!!!!

Paul Azinger, king of all that is Nick Faldo, was picked to toss out one of the pitches in the Rays first ever playoff games, mostly because nobody notable is a Rays fan (no, Dick Vitale doesn't count).

That won't stop Azinger from telling everyone that he's some huuuuge Rays fan that loves them and wants to marry them. Liar.

“This is very special for me,” Azinger said. “I’ve been a Rays fan since the inception of the franchise and attend games at Tropicana Field as often as I can. This year’s Rays club shows what a team with talent, character and faith can do.”

I'm not buying it. Look at this picture. That is what Tropicana Stadium looked like before the Rays decided to be good this season. Nobody went to those games, especially not Azinger. You can't fool me sir. Just go back to being a great Ryder Cup captain and not a baseball fan. Those sports can confuse a fellow.

[Deadspin]

No comments: