Friday, September 19, 2008

Padraig Harrington Doesn't Make a Lot of Clutch Putts


I would like to find the guy that taught Padraig Harrington how to putt.

I'd kidnap the guy, bring him with me back to where I was living and force him to watch me hit putts, over and over again, until I made 20-footers like they were tap ins.

Phil Mickelson and Anthony Kim keep dumping birdies but can't make up any ground because of this Irish freak that can't miss. It really is insane.

Just a minute ago, on the 12th hole, Lefty stuffed an iron shot close enough for a gimmie, but Harrington cashed a 20-footer for birdie to stay one-up on the Americans.

Obviously if Kim and Mickelson continue they will gain some ground, but the smile Anthony just had after that putt said it all -- "Yeah yeah yeah, nice putt asshole."

Kim and Mickelson are six-under through 12 holes (with seven birdies) and are one down. Now that is tough.

TIMOTHY A. CLARY, AFP

No comments: