Monday, September 29, 2008

First Stage of PGA Tour Q-School Results


The first stage of Q-School is complete and some of my buddies got through to the second stage. A lot of people think the third stage is the most important, but it really is getting through the second stage. By getting through there you're assuring yourself at least partial exemption into the Nationwide the following season, which is better than a kick in the jeans.

Congrats to a few people I've played with or have known over the years, including Matt Rosen, Jeremy Frye and Trent Leon.

I hate to turn right around to the negative, but it's worth noting that just to get through pre-Qualifying you have to pay $5,000. That obviously isn't a small chunk of change, so it's crazy when you see a guy like Greg Newberry play in the first stage and post 110-95-99-101 for a whopping 117-over par. Honestly, I'm more proud of this guy for finishing than anything. After that nasty opening round I bet it was hard to even get out of bed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Damn, doesn't Q-School have some type of noncompetitive hurdle before you are allowed to play? I guess that can be fudged, but I'm surprised they let him on the course after his first round, not to mention his second. He's obviously not going to qualify, and can you imagine having to play with the guy?