Monday, November 10, 2008

Wait, Davis Love III Is Still Alive?!?!?!?


I'm sorry it has taken me this long to post about the Davis Love III win, but blame it on the McCarren Airport deciding a Sunday afternoon was the perfect time to shut down two runways, thus leaving me with a dead laptop, a dead cell phone and the inability to get back in time for Sunday Night Football.

Anyway, it appears Love won some PGA Tour event called the, get ready for it, Children's Miracle Network Classic presented by Wal-Mart for his 20th victory of his career thus a lifetime exemption the PGA Tour.

Honestly, I have always loved Davis Love, mainly because who hates a guy that has persuaded two of the better sponsors in golf, Polo and Titleist, to remain on board all these years when he continually underachieves.

Love has only won one major championship in his career and hadn't carded a victory in more than two years, but his win at the CMNCPBWM (For short) got him that precious 20-win lifetime that only Tiger, Mickelson and Vijay have as active players.

The only disappointing part of this story is the fact that he beat out Tommy "Two Gloves" Gainey, who would have earned two years on tour, thus making one of my buddies the maddest person in America. "Why the hell does he wear two gloves? What a moron," my friend always says. Seeing his face red is one of the better parts of my day.

Also, I just wanted to point out that if I ever win the CMNCPBWM, I will probably have more than one freaking Getty Images picture with Mickey Mouse. I guarantee I would take my immaturity to a completely different level with Mickey and some cameras.

"Hey Mick, grab my ass."

Marc Serota, Getty Images

No comments: