Monday, November 17, 2008

Michael Jordan to Play Bethpage in the U.S. Open Challenge


Face it -- you miss Michael Jordan in your life. Gambling, playing baseball and occasionally doing decent things on the basketball court, we can all agree any MJ is better than no MJ.

Good news, he's decided to appear on that Golf Digest U.S. Open Challenge thing next year at Bethpage Black. An indexed 1.4 handicap, Jordan looks to be the Tony Romo ringer for the event that will pit Jordan, Justin Timberlake and another celebrity (I'm hoping Cameron Diaz...rarrr) with some random dude that will attempt to break 100 on the toughest golf course in our country (I honestly can't say the toughest in the world because I played The Dukes in St. Andrews and that golf course is the hardest thing that has ever been built and you will never convince me otherwise. Honestly, I couldn't break 80 there if the thing was on 15 holes.)

So, yeah, Jordan will be a part of this next year, and so could you. If you want, you have to submit some essay and you can do so right here. Just write that you know me. That'll make you a shoe-in.

3 comments:

spencer096 said...

i bet MJ doesn't break 100.

id kill to play bethpage...then again, i could just sleep in my car.

Shane B. said...

Great point...if you go, let me know, and maybe we can fire 120s together.

Gene Oberto said...

Shane,

I can only second your emotions on Dukes. That 18th green, it is impossible to land and keep an approach shot on the surface. Followed by the Kilimanjaro climb back to the clubhouse. I thought they should provide a sherpa, until I went to the Devlin- now there's a clubhouse climb!

Geno