Wednesday, November 5, 2008

7-Year-Old Dies From Brother's Golf Shot To the Head

A pretty sad story that was reported on Sunday. A 7-year-old girl died from a tee shot her brother hit that struck her in the head.

Casey Gauthreaux of Louisiana was hit in the head two weeks ago by a shot from her 14-year-old brother Andrew, which eventually was too much for the young girl's body to endure.

The saddest part of the story comes with the prognoses of Casey. The young girl was said to be doing a lot better after surgery, but just wasn't going to pull through, and the parents (get ready for this) had to take her off the ventilator. Sigh.

“Kevin and I had to make the hardest decision ever,” the journal reads. “We are taking her off the vent tomorrow. Knowing how much Casey loved life, we knew this would not be fair to her to live the rest of her life like this.

“As I look at her, I know she is not there any longer. When I thought she was giving me ‘sweet eyes,’ I realize now she was telling me she was going to be OK, and I needed to let her go.”


A lot of times we think that sports (raises hand) or failed relationships (raises hand even higher) or even the election is the biggest deal in our lives, and then we read things like this and realize some people have it a helluva lot worse.

Our hearts and prayers go out to the Gauthreaux family.

No comments: