Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Augusta National Doing Some Minor Fall Tweaking

Back before Augusta National decided to make the golf course longer than the Nile River, the talk of changes to the course was one of the better talking points when golf was on hiatus.

"Did you hear they were adding rough?" "I can't believe they are putting in more trees to the left of 17!" "Wow, we need to do more with our lives when we sit around and discuss a golf course we will never play."

Well, Augusta announced they are tweaking the sanctuary a little, and by a little, I mean a little.

The back portion of the first tee will be moved up seven yards, mostly to make some room for the galleries to pass between the putting green and Numero Uno.

Also, 10 yards were added to the tee on the 7th and the front of the 15th.

I know, I know, it is sad to see such a treasure given such a nasty face lift, but can we all agree not to rush the gates in April? Done and done.

Oh, was that the Masters we were talking about? Seems like the perfect time to bring you a pretty fun Masters moment. I think you have probably seen this shot.

1 comment:

niel said...

I haven't heard this song for a long time, but what a weird day...

The song was on the radio on my way to work. It was also on the radio on my way home from work. Now it is on my computer when I'm home.