Saturday, November 8, 2008

I'm Calling Bullshit

Dude, whatever. Nobody makes five hole-in-ones in one week, no matter if you're luckier than Hugh Hefner in a rub and tug. it just doesn't happen. I'm sorry bro. Not buying this.

Now comes news of Curt Hocker, a 22-year-old from El Paso, Ill., who from Oct. 29 through Nov. 4 claims to have made five aces at El Paso Golf Club (he has witnesses for each). "If somebody told me they made five holes in one in a week, even on a par-3 course, I'd say 'No way'," Hocker told the Peoria (Ill.) Journal Star. "It's unbelievable. I'm just stunned. There's nothing I can say, other than it's unreal.”

Give credit to the Journal Star reporter who “spoke to everyone I could at the club, trying to get a sense if freak week in fact happened.” His conclusion: If it didn’t happen, “it's an incredibly complex hoax involving more than 30 people.”


Honestly, I don't carry a lot of juice, but if need be, I could pull together 30 of my dumbest best friends to lie about a story. It's like the time I fooled around with my ex-girlfriends aunt. What friend wouldn't cover for such a story? It's awesome.

Anyway, I have played a lot of golf and can honestly say, nobody in this world has the ability or the luck or the whateverittakes to do this. I'm not buying it. Tell your story walking Curt Hocker, if that's your real name.

1 comment:

niel said...

He also claims five aces on par-4s and also two double-eagles during this span (May-Nov).

Somewhere, Jacqueline Gagne is slowly clapping...