Friday, March 4, 2011

PGA National Seems Fun

On Thursday at PGA National, home to volunteer torture the Honda Classic, the scoring average (73.779, two shots higher than any round this season) was the highest it has been since the U.S. Open last year at Pebble Beach.

Since nobody wants to read boring recaps, here is some highlights from Thursday:

-- The Bear Trap claimed 59 golf balls in the first round.

-- Defending champion Camilo Villegas shot an opening 79, and that was better than 12 players in the field, not counting Chris DiMarco, who WD's after an opening 82.

-- Adam Scott played the Bear Trap 7-over.

Oh, and then there was this, from Heath Slocum.



Yeah, seemed fun!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I played there last year. On 16, I popped up a drive (it went 100 yards) then shanked one in the water. I think I ended up making an 8.

Anonymous said...

Actually, I put two in the water.

Other cool thing is that our caddy was the former caddy for Mark O'Meara. He had some good stories about Tiger.

seak said...

Hey anonymous share your stories :)

Also you've gotta think Tiger is sitting around watching this and thinking to himself why in the world would people think I should have played here (ok probably not)

Shane B. said...

Good point, seak. I'm pretty sure he's fine on the couch, or at the range.