Thursday, March 31, 2011

Good Idea of the Day: Rob House, Flee to Most Famous Place in Town


It might surprise you after looking at my mischievous profile picture to the right (I'm sneaky!), but I've never robbed a house before. Nope, never did it. Sadly, it has never crossed my mind to go into someone's home with a shotgun and steal things.

But here is something I do know ... if I decided one day to bust into a home at night and try to collect whatever belongings that poor sap had, the last thing I'd do was flee to the most famous, and most guarded, place in town. You don't go robbing people in Paris and then head to the Louvre to hide out. This isn't the Da Vinci Code.

Sadly, two men in Augusta, Georgia didn't get that memo, and after robbing a house with a shotgun, the gentlemen headed to Augusta National Golf Club to flee the cops. Spoiler Alert: They got caught!

Turner said a deputy spotted men fleeing in the area and chased them toward the Augusta National, where two of the suspects climbed a fence and entered the course. Security staff at the golf course joined the chase but the suspects were not apprehended.

Deputies say they later arrested Justice Ellison, 26, of the 1900 block of Central Avenue, at his home, charging him with burglary, armed robbery and possession of a firearm.


I've heard stories of people being shot at for entering the Augusta National grounds, and doing so the week before their shining moment of the year probably isn't going to bode well. Anyway, the guys got caught, and if you want to take a look at that mugshot, I'm assuming robbing homes won't be something they plan on doing anytime soon. Ouch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now, let's have some justice for Justice.