Monday, March 28, 2011

Baby or Augusta? Ross Fisher Must Decide


Maybe I'm the wrong guy to be writing this article, because I'd push my entire family down a flight of stairs that had a pool of lava at the end of it to get a chance to play 18 holes at Augusta National (sorry Bacon clan), but Ross Fisher is in an interesting predicament right now with the Masters.

Fisher's wife is due to have their second kid on April 12, meaning that any early exit by the little dude or dudette means he could be facing the exact same scenario that happened two years ago at the British Open, when Fisher said he'd walk off the course if his wife went into labor despite the fact that he was in contention. Now it's the Masters, and he's at it again.

“To be perfectly honest I don’t know what I’ll do if the baby comes early,” Fisher told Reuters in a telephone interview as he continued his preparations for this week’s Masters warm-up event, the Houston Open in Texas.

“I’ll just have to wait and see when the baby comes. I’ll have to cross that bridge if and when we come to it.”


Hey Ross, just an idea here, but maybe stop knocking the wife up nine months before major season. Why not go for it in March or April, so the baby comes out during tournaments when nobody cares about. This reminds me of one of my biggest pet peeves in the world; people that get married on big sports weekends. What in the hell is wrong with you people? Don't know you MY LOVE FOR SPORTS trumps your love for each other?! Geesh, be a little more selfish next time you jerks.

Anyway, I'm fairly certain Megan Fox and Brooklyn Decker could be prepping a bubble bath in my apartment and I'd leave the two in a heartbeat if it meant lugging my sticks around Amen Corner, so a baby coming isn't nearly a big enough deal to make me pass up Rae's Creek.

Getty Images

3 comments:

courtgolf said...

I think you've hit on the proper solution - timing ! If she leaves now, she could easily get to Augusta - they do have hospitals there. No sense messing up a week at The Masters for a second kid, right ?

Freedo said...

Honestly, if one more person schedules a wedding on a Saturday during the fall....they obviously went to small liberal arts schools, a.k.a the management development program at Chilis

Anonymous said...

Miss the baby and Augusta and go to Las Vegas.