Monday, March 7, 2011

A Honest Take on Professional Golf


If you get a chance this Monday, take a second to read Harrison Frazar's essay on Golf.com about professional golf, and how he's thinking of stepping away from it after this season.

Frazar has been playing on the PGA Tour for 13 years, shot a 59 in Q-School, but has never won an event, finishing second four times. He writes very honestly, all about how tough it is on tour and how it seems to change his demeanor.

My favorite line from the essay -- "During the first round of the (2011) Hope, I birdied two of the first four holes. The whole time I was laughing and joking with my amateur partners and having a great time. There was a backup on the 5th tee, and as we waited, my mind began to wander. One overpowering feeling hit me: I don't like this. I want to go home."

Most anyone reading this site has dreamed about being a PGA Tour golfer. For me, it was always my dream, so to read about someone just excited it will be over soon shows that is isn't all back rubs and strawberries. Go read it, and respect Frazar's honest opinion on the other side of the PGA Tour.

Getty Images

2 comments:

electric golf buggy said...

This is truly an inspiring essay by one of golf's best, Harrison Frazar. Just like in any sport, only a few people get it big from the start, but even fewer are the people who had it tough but eventually became one of the best.

Anonymous said...

Afghan audience that whatever Coach Outlet Online Afghan audience that whatever
audience that whatever Coach Factory Outlet
Afghan audience that whatever Hermes Belt Afghan werefabricated. Afghan audience that whatever Coach Factory Online Afghan