Thursday, April 24, 2008

Trevor Immelman is Playing Again, Just Not Very Well


Today marks a monumental occasion because Trevor Immelman is back after a long one week rest from the Augusta win.

(I wanted to note that after the Masters I go through about a 2-3 week golf depression where I avoid any golf related and try not to watch very much on TV. Most of it stems from knowing we are another year away from all that is good with the Masters, but mostly I'm just pissed that nothing really happens for almost a month. Anyway, my golf hangover might end this weekend, which is already off to a good start because my friend Maegan fixed my cell phone.)

Immelman will have an uphill climb following Zach Johnson as Masters champion, who won in his fourth start after claiming the Verde Jacket.

So far, our boy isn't necessarily lighting it up. I mean, he's in last place right now of the entire tournament. He is six-over par through ten holes and is getting beat by Jeff Maggert and Carlos Franco. I would say he's gone from the penthouse to the outhouse but I'm pretty sure he could never break 75 again the rest of the year and walk around with the biggest shit-eating grin of all time. Go Trevor!

No comments: