Friday, April 11, 2008

Boo Weekley Really Can't be this Stupid

I'm sorry, I've never jumped on the Boo Weekley bandwagon.

Everyone is always like, "Oh, he's so funny and country and hunts and likes to eat meat and isn't really sure of anything and he dips, oh so much fun." Yeah, I grew up in East Texas and I learned one thing that I've always kept with me - stupid country people aren't fun. At All. Zero fun. They are stupid and country and they aren't ever sure of anything that goes on and they ask questions like, "Is that Baracka guy even from America?" and stuff like that.

If you haven't been keeping up with Jason Sobel's blog over at ESPN, you should because he's pretty funny and cusses and stuff.

Anyway, he had these "cute" gems from Boo that make me want to eat an Asbestos sandwich and wash it down with Paint Thinner.

"[Just missing an eagle putt at par-5 No. 15] didn't frustrate me. I actually just pushed that putt a little bit. I thought it was a par-4, to tell you the truth. I didn't know it was a par-5.

"What's Amen Corner? Why is that a corner? It should be 12, 13 and 14, shouldn't it? There you go. You got me."


I mean, can this guy be serious? This is the same guy that didn't know the Masters were this week and was planning on taking some vacation time right now. I'm pretty sure this would be like KPMG having a "calculator addition" course for all their new workers or a judge learning what a gavel was.

No comments: