Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Sergio Garcia, Your 2008 British Open Champion?


It is hard to type those words and believe them, but that is who DTCC is going with. I hate to pick the favorite, avoiding the Tiger Woods pick like that girl from high school you know that has the Clap, but it's just too hard to find someone else I like more.

Garcia played well at Royal Birkdale in 1998 as an amateur (t-29) and has finished in the top-10 six of the last sevens years at the British.

He's too good to not win a major, so I'm defaulting him here because he tends to compete with Woods out of contention.

Maybe I'm stupid, which I wouldn't argue is incorrect, but I'm picking Garcia to take home his first Claret Jug.

I have a preview right here on Deadspin in the next hour or so and this preview over on the FanHouse that previews certain players I'm watching this week.

Photo courtesy of Richard Heathcote, Getty Images

1 comment:

Todd said...

I thought awhile back you picked Adam Scott. Any reason you're off of him now? My pick is Ernie Els. Tiger has just been too much for him in the past, but I think he should be able to handle the rest of the field.