Monday, July 14, 2008

Tom Watson To Be in the Booth at the British for ABC


Who better to broadcast a British Open than a guy that won it five times?

ABC announced that Tom Watson will be in the booth on both Saturday and Sunday to help push along the coverage.

From Awful Announcing via USA Today:

Watson says ABC/ESPN, which no longer covers much golf, went to him about working a few events. "I said no. I'm not good at it," says Watson, who's had "no more than a handful" of TV jobs. "I have a difficult time talking over somebody talking in my ear. It concerns me. I could start stuttering."

But he says he couldn't resist working the British Open: "There's no better venue to give this a try."


So, yeah, Watson will be in the booth broadcasting from a course he won at in 1983. I'm not one to criticize (lie) and I love Tom, but he doesn't really seem like the broadcasting type. Oh well, he's better than Chris Berman.

No comments: