Monday, July 14, 2008

Oh, and Paula Paula Creamer Won


I have a very simple rule in golf that I try to follow as much as humanly possible.

If you shoot an 11-under 60 in the first round of a golf tournament, you better win the damn thing.

Paula Creamer, fresh off her choke job at the Women's U.S. Open, fired that number on Thursday and managed to keep it together over the weekend, needing rounds of just 70-73 on Saturday and Sunday to notch her third win of the season at the Jamie Farr Owens Corning Classic.

Creamer mentioned the 60 after she accepted the trophy.

"After you shoot 60, I swear it's the hardest thing to come back out and play," Creamer said after accepting the $195,000 winner's check. "I managed to get it done. I hit a lot of good shots today. I can't be disappointed. If somebody was to go out and play a lot better than, then so be it. We thought we hit every number. We did. We made some good saves, it was a struggle."

Not to get off subject, but when Paula does laundry, how many loads of "pink" does she do in comparison to other colors? 4 to 1? 10 to 1?

Photo courtesy of Hunter Martin, Getty Immmmages

No comments: