Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Colt Knost Laughs At All Of You


If you're not familiar with the above name, remember it, because he's going to be on the PGA Tour next year as a 23-year-old hungry to dominate.

Knost was the kid that told the Augusta suits "Thanks but no thanks" this year with his Masters exemption because he wanted to turn pro. Knost had the exemption for winning the U.S. Pub-Links and U.S. Amateur in the same, and people thought he was crazier than an ex-girlfriend after four drinks.

Why am I telling you all of this? Well, Colt won his second Nationwide Tour tournament this past weekend to secure his PGA Tour card for next season and had this to say about it all.

"It seems like I've always been doubted,'' he said. "I'm not the most athletic-looking person. But people should never judge a book by its cover. I know how good I can be.''

Well, I'd agree with all statements. He doesn't fit the mold of today's athletic looking golfer, but man can the dude play. He shot 26-under-par last week, which I guess is fairly decent.

Anyway, all the critics that thought he was a moron don't look so stellar now. The kid will be playing the big boys tour next season and it he keeps this up, we might just see him turning around Amen Corner before you know it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's Rae call me, now you have your card for 2013 let's make some more bets!
Call me ...