Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Example No. 4,309 Why Golfers Will Do Anything For Their Sponsors


I have absolutely no idea why this picture was taken, but I'm happy for it. Really happy. It's Phil Mickelson riding a bicycle, carrying his driver.

It's obviously for Barclays, and who knows why they wanted this taken, but it makes me happy. I love Phil doing anything fairly goofy, especially with that grin he usually flashes, because it makes everything look just a little less serious.

Also, you'd have to pay me a pretty penny to be caught doing this ... Ahh, who am I kidding. I'd go Anthony Weiner on my Twitter account for a couple dozen Pentas at this point.

Update -- Reader Mike explains the bikes -- "Barclays sponsored those bike sharing programs that cities are putting in place. This is one of those bikes. I saw them over in London, and I think Boston is putting in a program too." Good to know!

2 comments:

Mike Tomei said...

Barclays sponsored those bike sharing programs that cities are putting in place. This is one of those bikes. I saw them over in London, and I think Boston is putting in a program too. That explains the bike, but still leaves the big question of why the heck they have Phil and his driver on one of those bikes?!

diane said...

"still leaves the big question of why the heck they have Phil and his driver on one of those bikes?"

Some ad exec thinks no one would recognize Phil without a stick in his hand.