Monday, May 2, 2011

Donald Trump Compares Gay Marriage to Long-Putters ... For Real


I know you don't come here for politics, but this was too ridiculous/hilarious/insane to pass up. Donald Trump, potential GOP candidate, has said some incredibly funny stuff lately, but this might take the cake.

Asked at the White House Correspondent's Dinner about his views on gay marriage, this is what the Donald said. Nothing like a good golf analogy when discussing sex!

“It’s like in golf,” he said. “A lot of people — I don’t want this to sound trivial — but a lot of people are switching to these really long putters, very unattractive,” said Mr. Trump, a Republican. “It’s weird. You see these great players with these really long putters, because they can’t sink three-footers anymore. And, I hate it. I am a traditionalist. I have so many fabulous friends who happen to be gay, but I am a traditionalist.”

Is it wrong that this analogy makes a ton of sense? I don't think Trump is saying he finds homosexuality wrong, which is nice to hear, but I do think he's saying that it isn't for him, much like the long-putter isn't his style. And you know what, Donald? I'm not a long-putter guy either! I think they're dorky looking! But I can still be friends with people that use them, and I don't think it's wrong to use them by any means.

So, yes, go ahead and start calling your best gay friend a "long-putter" and see if they can pick up on the joke. And hopefully the Donald will continue his golf analogies when discussing anything and everything that deals with politics.

(Jon Stewart said it last week, but i think anyone with a sense of humor would agree ... I hope this man runs for president ... it will give us endless amounts of joy over the next couple of years.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would assume that "traditionalists" are still using a wooden head driver with steel shafts. I would assume they don't own a hybrid and never saw a GPS before either, not to mention the golf carts that get them around.
Tradition is about respecting the game and being in the moment when you play it.

Anonymous said...

BASED ON DONS COMMENTS, WITH THAT HAIR AND CHOICE OF "GOLF CLOTHING" DON WEARS, I WILL EXPECT TO SEE A VERY LONG PUTTER IN TRUMPS HANDS SOON.