Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Okay Wesley Gleason, I Don't Really Hate You


News flash: if you'd like to make a hole-in-one before you die, I'm the guy to play with lately. On Wednesday at Sanctuary Golf Club in Scottsdale, I played in my first ever skins game at the course, a group of 12 guys trying to earn a buck before the sun sets.

I started off terrible ... horrible ... disgusting ... it was ugly. I made four bogeys to begin, not really the start you want when you're playing in a SKINS GAME. But, alas, on the seventh hole, after a couple of pars, I drove the 320-yard par-4, rolled in the putt, and snabbed an eagle. Woohoo. Money earned. I'm happy.

But what did one of my best buds in the world do on the next hole? The jerk named Wesley Gleason carded his first ace ever from 234-yards with a 3-iron. He one-upped me! He knows I've never made an ace! We were supposed to make one together!

Argh. So, yes, another ace in my group. I still don't have one, in case you were wondering. Spilled milk, meet Shane Bacon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Skins can be a lot of fun if all the guys are mellow enough to cope with the possibility of losing a few bucks.

Anonymous said...

Afghan audience that whatever Coach Outlet Online Afghan audience that whatever
audience that whatever Coach Factory Outlet
Afghan audience that whatever Hermes Belt Afghan werefabricated. Afghan audience that whatever Coach Factory Online Afghan