Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Five Second Round Accenture Bets I Love


On Tuesday I brought you five bets I loved in the first round of the Accenture Match Play. I went 4-1 on the five, and if you would have bet each match to win $100, you'd be up $410 right now (thanks, Bjorn!).

Here are the five bets I love for the second round.

2011 Accenture record -- 4-1


Nick Watney (-120) over Lee Westwood -- Sure, the top golfer in the world beat Henrik Stenson, but he made five bogeys in 16 holes doing it, not exactly the greatest of first round showings. Maybe it one of those dirty wins that every champion has in this event, but I think Watney is continuing to gain confidence, and like him here to upset.

Geoff Ogilvy (-220) over Thomas Bjorn -- It's a lot to lay, but you can't expect Bjorn to upset two huge names in a row in two days. Also, Ogilvy just had a pretty easy trip against Padraig Harrington, and seems to love this match play format. Lay the odds and pick up your money.

Bubba Watson (-135) over Mark Wilson -- Hey, they finally got Mark "Mike" Wilson's name correctly, just in time for him to finally go away. I'm betting against this guy until he loses. He didn't necessarily play great golf at the end on Wednesday against Dustin Johnson, it just seemed he hung around. Fatigue finally has to catch up with this guy, and I see it happening here with Bubba. Would you want to go up against the two longest hitters on the PGA Tour two days in a row?

Hunter Mahan (-125) over Robert Karlsson -- I just feel that Mahan is a confidence-type, and his confidence is really high right now. I like him going deep in this event, and

Matteo Manassero (+125) over Charl Schwartzel -- It just seems the 17-year-old is playing some great golf right now, and I didn't love how Charl played at the end against Ryo on Wednesday. It seems he got more lucky than anything.

Okay, give me your favorite on Thursday.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Not sure what the line is on Fowler-Phil, but I like Rickie in that one. In fact I like him to win his bracket.
Kid just seems built for match play. I was 26/32 yesterday so either I'm on a roll or by luck is about to catch up with me.