Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Lee Westwood and Rory McIlroy's Agent Dogs the Players Championship

Listen, I've never been a HUGE fan of the Players Championship. I remember when David Duval won it back when he was the best golfer in the world, and I remember when Tiger Woods made that really long putt on the 17th that was pretty cool, but for the most part, the tournament is overhyped, and the list of winners isn't that dazzling (sorry Stephen Ames and Craig Perks).

So, basically, I agree with Andrew "Chubby" Chandler, the manager for Rory McIlroy and Lee Westwood. Only the second most famous "Chubs" in the game of golf ("hooked my ball down by the rough, and an alligator jumped up, and bite my handddd off"), the man speaks the truth by calling it a missable golf tournament.

Here he is speaking to CNN.

No comments: