Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Scott Verplank Is a Man of Few (But Awesome) Words


I came across this incredible quote by Scott Verplank this morning that I thought was pretty perfect when describing how PGA Tour players must feel during a golf tournament. When I had my chance to play for money, it was basically the only thing that ran through my head (How will I pay rent? Should I sell my spot this week to get back $1,000? Jeez, Taco Bell again?), but it's interesting to see what the big boys must think when their prizes are obviously way more inflated than anything I played for.

So, here is the Verplank quote.

"When you're trying to win a tournament, you're not playing for money. The only time you're playing for money is when you're not going to win the tournament." -- Scott Verplank

I guess that is why you see certain people that have no chance of winning fist-pumping after their birdie on 18. "Hey, another $30,000 ain't so bad." Being a PGA Tour player must be awesome.

No comments: