Thursday, May 7, 2009

Orville Moody, Here I Come!


Why embarrass yourself when you can do it in front of a few thousand people? That is, I'm officially announcing that I will be participating in the U.S. Open local qualifying this Monday in Tucson.

I once heard someone say that trying to qualify for the U.S. Open was like trying to watch lightening in a bottle, so ladies, I consider my Miller Lite bottle raised high to the skies.

I did Colorado Open qualifying last year and a tough last hole had me miss it by two shots (CHOKE! HACK!). Anyway, I'm trying to discuss with the USGA if it's okay if I Tweet (Twit?) my round every three holes or so, so if people are so inclined, they can follow along.

Anyway, Orville Moody was the last player to win the U.S. Open going through both local and sectional qualifying, back in 1969, so maybe this happens every 50 years?!?!?!

So, that was my announcement. Hopefully I don't throw up on myself.

6 comments:

Cash said...

Sign me up as your caddie if u make it !

Cash said...

Sign me up as your caddie if u make it !

Unknown said...

I just said a prayer to Saint Orville. You've got the game, just do it...

Jason said...

Good luck - I worked with a guy who tried to qualify, and he hit so many balls OB he ran out and DQed. Not to make you more nervous or anything.

Unknown said...

"I'd hit that shot again because it was a defining moment, and when a defining moment comes along, you define the moment, or the moment defines you .... I think you should get drunk. You always play better hung over". Inspirational quotes from your regular looper! :)

Patricia Hannigan said...

See you at Bethpage (Try to get paired with Sergio) ;o)