Friday, May 29, 2009

The Real Question is Why Wouldn't You Tweet On the Golf Course


On the golf course, there is really nothing more annoying than playing with a guy that has his cell phone stuck to his ear all round. First, if you're going to golf, put the damn thing on vibrate and second, if you're going to communicate with someone, please do it through text or e-mail or smoke signals.

LPGA commissioner Carolyn Bivens, who was the same lady that wanted everyone to speak English because obviously women's golf is a dictatorship and if you don't speak the language Bivens speaks you will have your lips cut off, has decided that she wants players to Tweet during their rounds. Like, when they're playing. (Shakes head) I know ...

"I'd love it if players Twittered during the middle of a round," Bivens said in an interview, according to Bloomberg News. "The new media is very important to the growth of golf and we view it as a positive, and a tool to be used."

I had this idea during my U.S. Open qualifier because of a couple of reasons, mainly being that nobody could see how my round went until after the results were posted. The LPGA has live scoring and stuff, so what exactly are the players going to say?

"Just scrambled for par on 11. Also, my skirt blew up! ROTFLMAO!!!"

I mean, seriously. I understand that the LPGA is doing anything and everything to embrace new technology and try and have more fans interested in different ways, but I don't really think players are going to be that excited to send out messages while they're focused on their golf game.

No comments: