Monday, February 9, 2009

Tiger and Elin Welcome First Boy, Expectations Become Increasingly Ridiculous


When I woke up this morning and look at the email I had been sent about Tiger and Elin Woods welcoming their second child into this world, my thoughts were probably similar to yours.

"Wow this boy is going to be expected to be great, very fast."

Charlie Axel Woods was born on Sunday, February 8
, on a day that, if healthy, Tiger would have probably won his favorite tournament on tour, the Buick Invitational at Torrey Pines.

Since Charlie and Elin are both in good health, and since I already watched the obligatory "Sportscenter" graphic on Tiger's achievements as a child (honestly, what would that line have been in Las Vegas. "Chances ESPN compares new child to Tiger on the first day of his birth," would we be talking about 1000-to-1? 100,000-to-1? Would it have not even been on the board.), I guess all that is left is to offer my congratulations.

I'm sure this kid will be athletic and good looking and shooting par in diapers. I also have a decent feeling his college fund might not go overlooked.

Scott Halleran, Getty Images

3 comments:

Cash said...

Alex Micelli will be providing odds tonight on TGC for lil' Chuck Woods to take the Masters in 2031 in a squeaker over his Pop...

Shane B. said...

Does Tiger kill his son at that point if he can eventually take him down? I'm interested in his competitiveness with this situation.

Cash said...

I'm thinking, yes...it's got the whole Greek mythology vibe to it... Chaxel (what they will call lil Chuck in 2031) dies in girlfriend Sandy Rohan's (spawn of Sam and Lilo) arms, with a shaft made of Venusian unobtanium (from ol' Tiger's 9 iron) protruding from his chest...