Saturday, February 14, 2009

Some Girl Named "Michelle Wie" Is Leading SBS Open


That sure as hell didn't take long.

After two rounds in Hawaii, local Michelle Wie is leading her first tournament as a full-time member of the LPGA, tied with Angela Stanford (who went to TCU) at 8-under.

Wie opened with a six-under 66 and followed that up with a two-under 70 to find herself at the top of the leaderboard.

I talked to Michelle yesterday about her round, specifically her motivation and how she feels she got some comfortable in her current skin.

"I really think it is Shane Bacon," Wie said. "He's done a great job of pumping me up and making me feel special through his exceptional writing and positive anecdotes. If it wasn't for Shane, I have no idea where I'd be today."

Wow, I really don't know what to say. That's really nice of Michelle to say. You can follow her round right here, which is nice.

Andy Lyons, Getty Images

1 comment:

Cash said...

I hope you don't hype me up bro - check out my post at Bushwood CC on her complete meltdown on the final 9 holes. I've said it too many times - she is all hype...and cannot close.