Saturday, February 14, 2009

An Open Question To the Readers ...

I have an honest question to the people that tend to read this blog. Do you get excited to watch the celebrities at Pebble Beach?

It isn't that I hate the pro-am format, I just hate how much time CBS (And others) give to the celebrities. If I wanted to watch people hack it around, I'd go to the local driving range or call up some of buddies or try to teach a girl how to play golf.

I'm watching golf on Saturday/Sunday because I want to see people play well.

Am I the only one with this opinion? Honestly, I'm interested. Drop your reply in the comments if you don't mind.

5 comments:

Andrew said...

I agree with you, however it's always nice to know that celebrities are "normal" and hack it around just like the rest of us.

Matt said...

That's a winner of an opinion. I can't stand seeing Dennis "hats for bats" Haysbert try to hack one out of the fenceline. I do that on my local muni.

Cash said...

Dude, you are reading my F&^%&*^ mind....I have thrown sh?t at the TV all day watching them lavish praise on this horseshit. I think Kelly T got a little moist as she was gushing about Timmy F. being a "solid 6" - not sure if she meant his handicap or not.

I cannot understand why in the hell they think anyone wants to watch those imbeciles clown around like that.

Now that I have calmed down, the answer is NO - it's not just you...

Vince Spence said...

I really like both McCord & Feherty; but they are put in a position of becoming imbeciles by having to interview imbeciles.

Roosta said...

It's pretty much unwatchable. I'll do you one better, I live in the Bay Area and stopped going to the AT&T years ago. Weak fields, watered down by amateurs (the VAST majority you've never heard of) and B list celebrities spread out over 3 courses? Makes NASCAR sound exciting.