Friday, February 20, 2009

Checking Your Bags vs. Renting Clubs


Golf Digest had an interesting article about the aging debate over renting clubs versus dragging your sticks to the destination.

With the rising costs of checking bags these days, the numbers don't seem as lopsided as they used to and the pain and hassle of taking your golf clubs on trips seem even more annoying when you're tossing the airlines $50 for a round-trip flight.

I will never rent clubs, just because the parts that kill me are never talked about (grips that haven't been replaced in a year, beat up irons, graphite shafts, etc.) and I worked at a top resort in Scottsdale and saw has poorly the rentals were kept up.

The article is worth a read though. I guess if you are going somewhere where golf might just be a part of your trip one day or something, renting is the obvious deal. Also, it mentioned a website, Golf Clubs Away, which has done a great job on making renting clubs even easier and also pisses me off that I didn't think of this idea in the first place.

No comments: