Monday, February 4, 2008

Still Trying to Make Sense of it...


So, as you all know, something pretty unexpected happened yesterday. It is 11:45 AM in Denver and I'm still not exactly sure if I believe that this Giants-Pats things really happened.

Is it true that we're going to have to start considering Eli Manning an elite quarterback? This is a guy that threw the most interceptions of any quarterback in the entire NFL! Now, we're watching Peyton Manning cheering from a box (which, in my opinion, was one of the coolest cutaways I've ever seen during any sporting event ever)?

Given the fact that I watched the game in Vegas, rushed to the airport, found out my flight was delayed almost five hours, sat in the bar just watching the television waiting for the real Super Bowl to start and getting home at nearly 6 AM, you can understand why I'm a little lost.

At some point last night, wasn't everyone looking at each other going, "Where in the FUCK did Eli Manning go?" If I was Joe Buck, after that avoiding the sack-looking like Brett Favre mixed with Tony Romo and some Michael Vick with a dash of Donovan McNabb-completing that pass play, I would have just continued to mutter "Eli Manning just did that...Eli - - - Manning - - - avoided....threw...caught off helmet...can't continue to speak."

One of my best friends in the world, a huge sports buff as well, texted me after the game, "I feel like the '04 Democrats - I demand a recount." Couldn't have said it better myself.

Think Archie Manning is having a very good day today?

1 comment:

Deniece said...

You know what, as I watched that game, I laughed as they showed Payton, did no one else notice him there by himself, in a corner, alone.....it was odd!