Monday, February 11, 2008

Everyone's Favorite Lefty


As you know, my love for Mr. Phil Mickelson has come and gone over the years. When I was a little younger I tried to model myself after him, being a lefty trying to make it and all. I even remember watching the '04 Masters with my then-girlfriend, my parents and a few choice family members on a small TV at my aunts house, all of us rooting on Schmickey to pull it out.

I think the first time I ever noticed how truly fake Phil can be was directly after the win, sitting in Butler Cabin and finding out Casey Wittenberg shot 31 on the back nine, Mickelson gave a typical "Aww shucks" response to the then-amateur. Lord.

Anyway, this little feature over at Food Court Lunch was pretty entertaining. Supposedly Mickelson gave some dad and son tickets to the Super Bowl during the final round of the FBR Open. When asked about it, Mickelson acted like he didn't want anyone to know about it, even though he'd already alerted The Golf Channel of the plan before the round.

The feature is worth checking out, if not for anything other than a couple of laughs.

No comments: