Friday, August 1, 2008

Women Are Really Good At Letting Things Go


Nothing defines a woman better than a person that has the great ability to let things go. They never nag, they never hold on to things and they definitely never make a bigger deal out of something than it really is.

Right on cue, Laura Diaz showed exactly what I'm talking about today at the Women's British Open.

A member of the British press asked if she ever “tackled” Dottie Pepper about her comments at the Solheim Cup.

“No, do you want me to?” Diaz said with a laugh. “It would be my pleasure.”

The row between Pepper, Diaz and the rest of Team USA started during last year’s Solheim Cup when Pepper referred to U.S. players as “chokin’ freakin’ dogs” on air Saturday afternoon when she thought the broadcast had gone to commercial break.

“To be honest, I don’t think to this day I will ever in my life do an interview with her,” said Diaz. “It really affected me, and Solheim wasn’t a time to talk about it.”

“Dottie was a family member to me,” Diaz said, “and I don’t even see her as a friend anymore.”


See, allow the comment to sink in, talk about it and then let it go. That's how most women resolve situations. Never have I know a female friend of mine to break off friendships and such because of things like "I heard her talking about me" or "I don't approve of her life decisions." Nope, it's always just forgive and forget.

No comments: