Wednesday, August 27, 2008

More on the LPGA Language Thing


It's been a day since Golfweek broke the story of the LPGA implementing an "English only" policy and it's allowed me some time to reflect.

Even though I still find it unnecessary, I can partially understand their reasoning. The LPGA is a business that isn't exactly killing it, so anything that could help boost their image to sponsors, businesses, pro-am partners would be great.

I talked to a good friend of mine that is a member of the LPGA and she said she loved the idea and was excited for the change. Granted she is an American golfer on the LPGA so it doesn't really affect her, but if the members are happy, it's probably going to be good for everyone.

My buddy and extremely exceptional journalist Ryan Wilson takes the other side of this argument. He does a great job with it and I thought I'd pass that along.

What are your thoughts on the matter? Do you have any opinion on why the LPGA would do this? Drop a line and I'll post some of the responses.