Monday, May 19, 2008

Seve Said he's Sick of Success


You know it isn't good when one of the best European Ryder Cup players ever is hoping that the Americans can notch a victory in the 2008 Ryder Cup so the thing isn't so damn boring.

Over at the Fanhouse they have the story, complete with a great quote.

"They need to win badly," said the five-time Major winner. "I hope the Americans win this year in all seriousness.

I find it very hard to believe that Seve really wants this to happen, but I can understand his point - hell, the Presidents Cup is more exciting than the Ryder Cup, which isn't good consider Mike Weir is involved.

I'm not trying to be an American homer, but I don't see this as complete European dominance, I just see it as their team has played better than ours at certain times the last few years. I think with the addition of people like Hunter Mahan and Zach Johnson you could see some young talent getting the team a little fired up. Oh, and we won't have Davis Love III there anymore, which isn't a horrible thing (third all time in matches lost, but Tiger is second, so, ya know...).

Anyway, mark this as the first of Ryder Cup trash talking - a really good European player is begging the Americans to win so people will be excited about it again.

No comments: