Friday, May 23, 2008

Phil Mickleson called me last night, Promised success


Phil Mickelson called me last night and told me he was sick of messing around, ready to get this season off to a booming start!

He was enthusiastic, passionate, excited, ardent and everything else you wouldn't expect from a man that has just about everything.

When I hung up with Phil I thought to myself, "You know, this guy is really ready to make a run in the summer tournaments. Mickelson could win this week at Colonial, take home the U.S. Open at Torrey Pines right under Tiger's nose, play well in a couple of tournaments before dominating Royal Birkdale for his second major in a row, and be the second winner of the FedEx Cup. Mickelson is ready!"

He's a step away from all that jabber, leading the Colonial today after making four birdies in his first 14 holes. If you believe in miracles, know that Tiger Phil is taking this thing home today. He ain't losing to no Johnson Wagner. No way, no how.

No comments: