Thursday, May 8, 2008

Call of the Neighborhood Search, We've Found Sergio Garcia


Last night, on my way home from watching the Lakers game, I had a little conversation about Sergio Garcia with one of my friends.

He isn't a big Sergio fan, I'm pretty neutral, but we both agreed on something - for a guy with as soft a skin as Mr. Garcia, the British Open loss last year will hang with him for a very long time.

I'm not sure if his sister Mar was bugging my car, but something has lite a fire under the Spaniards ass, knocking out four birdies on his first seven holes and is leading the damn Players Championship.

I know, it's Thursday, and Sergio tends to disappear when it counts, but it's nice just to see the guy is still breathing.

Some other notables - Two time winner Fred Couples is three-under through 11 holes, defending champion Phil Mickelson is two-under through eight holes (with a birdie 2 on the 17th hole to boot) and Vijay Singh is one-under through eight.

No comments: