Monday, May 19, 2008

Is Lorena Ochoa Serious?


I can try to sit here and be fair-minded, letting everyone know how much I think women's sports deserve just as much credit as the males do, but I'd be lying and I'm not particularly happy about that, it's just how I feel.

With that said, if Tiger Woods was on a run like Lorena Ochoa was right now, they would change "PTI" to "Tiger Discussion '08." Honestly, is anybody watching this? This girl has won six of her nine starts this season after taking home the Sybase Classic yesterday.

On the heels of Annika Sorenstam announcing her intention of retiring after this season, Ochoa showed why it isn't a bad time to be getting out of the game. Sorenstam was in contention at times this week but finished a disappointing tie for 11th, with all but one competitor that beat her being younger than Annika.

I think it's tough at times to hang them up when you've still got it, but Ochoa is that writing on the wall for Sorenstam and this weekend was a great example of that.

No comments: