Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Travelers Championship FEVER


I hope I’m not the only one that finds it ironic that this week’s tournament is coined the Travelers Championship, and everyone worth watching will be, well, traveling somewhere else.

Actually, it looks like Phil Mickelson will be in the field…uhh, never mind, that’s just Carl Pettersson.

Anyway, this weeks PGA Tour tourney includes the likes of Vijay Singh, Zach Johnson and Kyle Reifers. I am starting to think Vijay has no home and just takes two hour naps between hitting range balls.

The best thing about weeks like this is someone random has a chance to cash in on their first PGA victory, and with that, grab a trip to the Mercedes Championship and a nice little two-year exemption.

If I had to put money on a long shot, I’d go with Ryan Moore. The kid is destined to win sometime this season and he best do it now when Tiger is still infatuated with Sam. Wait till the little princess starts pooping nine times a day Tiger – then you’re going to be using that “have to go hit some range balls, it’s my job” excuse way more than you had hoped.

No comments: